Keep up to date with the latest roofing and bespoke home projects carried out throughout Staffordshire, Cheshire and surrounding areas by M Simpson & Sons Roofing Services.
Description of Work: The main flat roof at the Centre had several leaks. The only option was to replace the flat roof covering with a three layer felt system. Luckily, the water ingress did not penetrate the deck underneath so this remained.
“Very pleased with the process and completed job. Minimal fuss .“Rev Martin Ball (Client)
Site Location: Thermal Roof Installation @ Stone
Date Complete: June 10th 2019
Description of Work:
– Poly-carbonate roof removed. The client complained of rain causing noise and poor thermal performance
– We have installed a new timber structure
– 100mm Kingspan rigid insulation board between rafters
– TLX Gold insulated under-felt over the rafters so that thermal bridging does not occur.
– Clay Sandtoft 20/20 roof tiles installed
– To add natural sunlight to the living room we have installed 2 x VELUX roof windows, which have insulated flashing kits and electric open/close technology. There is also a rain sensor which automatically closes the window should there be a downpour.
– Finished off neatly with white fascia board and anthracite grey guttering.
Site Location: Porch Roof Replacement @ Norton-in-Hales
Date Complete: May 3rd 2019
Description of Work: We replaced a tired looking poly-carbonate roof with a fully insulated structure. Clay roof tiles were installed. Finished off with a oak cladding interior.
Description of Work: The pitched roof had no work carried out since it was built in the 1960s. The home-owner reported numerous leaks. Due to the condition of the roof, a repair was out of the question.
So, we carried out an over-haul of the roof consisting of Marley concrete pan tiles.
Our expert team also carried out:
– Replacement of leaking gutters
– New chimney pots and venting terminals
“So happy with the complete service by M Simpson & Sons Roofing Services. Quick turn around that I cannot fault from coming out shortly after contacting them to having a whole new roof! Kept up to date throughout the whole process, easy to discuss any further work with and everything kept as tidy as possible. Lovely bunch of lads. Would definitely recommend.“
Steph Mitchell (Client)
Description of Work:
Our latest project was retro fit fascia & gutter work to a detached property in Mow Cop.
We installed Freefoam Rosewood cladding to the apexes along with new soffit, fascia, barge boards and Brett Martin OGEE profile guttering. Along with eave protection, ventilation and bird prevention comb fillers.
We also converted the roof components from mortar to dry fix Inc valleys, ridge tile, dry verge cappings and ridge hips.
UPVC supplied by Horton Building Plastics
Description of Work: We carried out this new tiled roof installation using Sandtoft 20/20 clay roof tiles. We think this new roof has really up-lifted and modernized the look of this property.
“ Carried out the work efficiently with no mess or fuss whatsoever. Thank you..”
Lynne Johnson (Client)
Site Location: Flat-to-Pitched Roof Conversion @ 30 Rothesay ave, Westlands, Newcastle
Date Complete: June 20th 2018
Description of Work: We converted the leaking flat roof to a pitched roof. Also, we replaced the remaining red felt shingles to vertical, hanging roof tiles to match the conversion
” Their level of expertise was truly first class. Many thanks to the team for a job well done.Ray Smith (Client)
Description of Work: Retro-fit fascia and guttering installation using black ash fascia, black ogee guttering and dry verge cappings.
“ Excellent workmanship. Really has improved the look of my property.“
Dawn Sedgwick (Client)
Find out more about our fascia & guttering installations here
Site Location: Cladding installation @ Brereton Primary School, Sandbach, Cheshire
Date Complete: Apr 13th 2018
Site Location: Pitched Roof Renovation @ Sir John Offley Almhouses
Date Complete: Dec 5th 2017
Description of work: The cottages were built in 1800s. We had previously carried out several repairs to the roof which temporarily stopped the roof leaks.. To completely solve the understandable roof issues, the trustees instructed us to carry out a overhaul of the entire roofs. This included:
– Removing the existing clay roof tiles and retaining
– Installing new loft insulation to improve energy efficiency
– Installation of fire walls to reduce the risk of fire spreading through the properties
– New, modern, breathable membrane under-felt was laid along with new timber battens,
– The tiles were then re-laid,
– Chimney stacks were pointed
– Valley flat roof sections were covered with a heat applied felt system
“We found M Simpson and sons excellent to deal with and all work carried out was of a very high standard.
The trust was kept up to date with all work being carried out which was supported by photographs and regular contact.
We would recommend due to the workmanship which was completed in the timescale quoted. The residents of the Almshouses spoke highly of the contractors.“
John Sheridan, (Trustee)
Find out more about new pitched roofs here
Site Location: Over-Door Canopy Installaiton @ 66 Springfield Rd, Biddulph, Staffs
Date Started: May 21st 2016
Date Complete: May 21st 2016
Description of work: The homeowner wanted to freshen up his property. We suggested replacing his tired looking over-door front canopy with a maintenance-free, bespoke alternative.
– Removal and disposal of existing canopy
– Installation new GRP canopy in one working day (2 x men)
“The new canopy has transformed the front of our property at a surprisingly low cost. The lads who carried out the work were very friendly and efficient.”
Steve Parker (Client)